Civilian Active Shooter Response Training
Become Certified to Train and Empower your Community
The Winona State University has partnered with the ALICE Training Institute to bring ALICE, the leading training solution that increases an individual’s odds of survival during a violent intruder event. ALICE empowers people to participate in their own survival using proactive response strategies. Register Today for this event.
TWO DAY EVENT
July 10th-11th, 2018 | Instructor Certification: $595
Winona State University, Winona, MN
What you will walk away with…
At the end of this course, you will receive the following ALICE Certified Instructor Resources:
· ALICE Instructor Certification e-Learning Course – Valid for 2 years of certification
· Instructor Led Demonstrations Guide
· ALICE Safe Scenario Guide
· ALICE Training Presentation
· ALICE Implementation Presentation
· ALICE Instructor Certificate
· Implementation support from a dedicated ALICE Representative, and the ALICE Client Success team
· KNOWLEDGE, POWER, and PARTNERSHIP
- Trauma Professionals: hospitalists; emergency department physicians, nurses, technicians, and trauma surgeons
- Professional First Responders: Law enforcement, emergency medical service personnel, fire fighters, and rescue workers
- Immediate Responders: civilian bystanders present at the scene who perform external bleeding control for victims at the point of wounding before the arrival of professional responders.
In June 2016, SMRTAC trained over twenty individuals to be B-Con instructors in their local regions. If your community has a need to educate a group of individuals, if you want to become a course instructor, or already are an instructor, we have resources for you.
The only thing more tragic than a death from bleeding…is a death that could have been prevented.
American College of Surgeons (ACS) Trauma Course
Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) is a 2 day course offered through the American College of Surgeons to provide its participants with a safe and reliable method for the immediate treatment of injured patients and basic knowledge of assessment, resuscitation and stabilization, recognition and arrangement of patient necessitating transfer to tertiary care center.
The Rural Trauma Team Development Course (RTTDC) emphasizes a team approach to the initial evaluation and resuscitation of the trauma patient at a rural facility. Developed by the Rural Trauma Committee of the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma (ACS COT), RTTDC is based on the concept that in most situations, rural facilities can form a trauma team consisting of at least three core members. The course is offered in a single day or modular format.
Trauma Nursing Courses
Advanced Trauma care for Nurses (ATCN) is a 2 day course offered through the Society of Trauma Nurses Association. ATCN is an advanced course designed for the registered nurse interested in increasing his/her knowledge in management of the multiple trauma patient. ATCN is taught concurrently with ATLS
Trauma Nursing Core Course is a 2 day course offered through the Emergency Nurses Association. TNCC is designed to provide core level trauma knowledge and psychomotor skills associated with the delivery of professional nursing care tot he trauma patient.
Other Trauma Education
Minnesota Burn Surge: General information as well as Educational Curriculum for Medical Providers Responding to a Mass Casualty burn Surge Incident can be found on the MN Dept of Health website.
Hemorrhagic Shock: Presentation June 2013